Self Defense Training, The Realities!
Host: Sam Coffman “The Herbal Medic”
We all hope for the best and prepare for the worst. When it comes to self defense most preppers/survivalists would rely on their stockpile of weapons and ammunition. What if for one moment your weapon was not at your side and the unexpected happens? Would you have the ability to defend yourself? Would you know what to say or do when confronted by would-be assailants or would you cower down hoping for the best but not prepared the the worst that could now happen?
This is a good time to also remember that your child or children may be with you. Who is going to protect them when accosted by a stranger or strangers? These are all possibilities we do not care to think about but exist and are very real. It does not have to be a societal collapse or disaster that brings on this type of scenario. This can happen today in the parking lot of your local grocery store or even in your own front yard.
Learn what you need to know and as much as you can self defense. It’s not just about the fighting.
Mark Hatmaker and Sam discuss topics include:
– Mark’s journey across the different aspects of fighting in western martial arts
– How Historical boxing and old-school pugulism and catch-wrestling fit into fighting styles
– How much of the boxing and wrestling base gets thrown out of the window when it comes down to real adrenaline training?
– What are the “Outer Limits” drills and how does disorientation fit into adrenaline and real street fighting drills?
– When is the “Outer Limits” DVD coming out (on Paladin Press)?
– How can people train to take away their comfort zone to constantly learn and “stress-inoculize” themselves for a street encounter?
– Randomness in a fight, and the book “The Black Swan” by Nassim Taleb –
– The Mixed Martial Arts continuum of “Conditioning, Positioning, Striking and Submission” and how those apply to a street fight?
– How does submission and grappling training fit into the concept of realistic self-defense practice?
– What do mud/obstacle races like “The Spartan Race” calculate into this kind of training?
– What kind of training test will be involved with the Level 1 Combat Medic?
– Where do kicks fit into street fighting?
– How important is awareness as a martial arts skill?
Mark’s website: http://extremeselfprotection.com/
Sam Coffman Website: http://thehumanpath.com/
Listen to this broadcast on Self Defense Training, The Realities in player below!
Listen to archived shows of all our hosts . Go to show schedule tab at top of page!
Listen, download, or use your own default player for this show by clicking Here!