Cooking for Taste!
Host: Jack Spirko “The Survival Podcast”
Fish is dish best served well, “not ruined”. If I were asked what are the two things that most often ruin fish I would say the following. Over cooking fresh water fish and often bothering to cook some salt water fish at all. Now don’t get me wrong I cook plenty of salt water fish, but some of it is best simply sashimi or ceviche!
Listen in for great information on….
- Some basic rules
- Some of my favorite ways to cook and eat
- Shore lunch style fry
- Almost paleo style fry
- Catfish Steaks (works for salmon too, it is where I got the idea)
- Plank Cooked (salmon, catfish, tilapia, and many others work)
- Two types of “chowder”
- Simple Shore Lunch Style
- Gourmet Cook Style
- Make it fish stew, omit the corn and milk, add tomato paste
- Cerviche – Some important thoughts
- Sashimi – yes you can do this wrong
- Fish on the half shell – great for camping
- Sumac and dill infused
- Fish tacos
- Smoked catfish – people will fight over this!
- Final thoughts again don’t be a recipe Nazi!
In this episode I will go over some of my favorite ways to prepare and use fish. The good news is you can do all of this even if you are not a fisherman with fresh from the market. The key is when done it should flake, not be mushy, you simply must not be afraid that you will “under cook it” this indeed is the most common way to ruin your meal.
Visit Jack Spirko website HERE!