How to build YOUR Ultimate Bug out Bag aka “The BOB ”
DJ Cooper “Surviving Dystopia”
Most of us are aware of what the BOB or Bug out Bag is and some of us are aware of what we need to put into this bag but most of us follow any one or combination of lists out there to help us decided on what to put in a bob.
BUT….The bug out bag is personal carrying all the things YOU need to survive should you be forced to leave the security of your homestead. Because it is personal I wish to talk about how to determine what is best for YOU and YOUR needs in this bag.
All of the different recommendations for bob bags and gear should be personal for you or your family’s needs. These can range from medical conditions to the ages of children or simply personal preferences.
A few things that are pretty standard needs are:
- Water (Some way to carry or make it pure)
- Fire (A means to heat and cook)
- Food (you gonna open a package or hunt it?)
- Clothing (This varies by the climate and the season)
- Shelter (again are you going to build it or open it?)
- First Aid (so many fail to give this segment the importance it mandates)
- Tools (you at least need a knife, right?)
- Self Defense (this could be a matter of life and death)
- Misc (this may be your largest category)
- Weight (who is carrying this pack?)
- Shelf Life of items (how often do you update it?)
- The Pack itself (rigid or soft?)
- One large bag or multiple smaller ones
These are but a few considerations when deciding on what you choose to do but also there is the EDC (Ladies won’t want to miss this part!), 72 hour, Get Home bag, Auto kit, Med kit and others.
This week I would like to explore the different recommendations as well as considerations you should take into account when building your very own BOB. How to keep it organized and ways to categorize and keep track of your items.
Look for more on this as well as a few lists on my blog www.survivingdystopia.com
Up next week: HEAT… It is still winter and cold happens. Join me to discuss some of the different ways to just stay warm.
Join us for Surviving Dystopia “LIVE SHOW” every Wednesday 9:00/Et 8:00Ct 6:00/Pt Go To Listen and Chat