The Unexpected, Are You Prepared?

The Unexpected, Are You Prepared?
Host: Noreen “The Homestead Honey Hour

UnexpectedOn this episode of the Homestead Honey Hour, join Noreen who will be completely off the cuff. This has been a crazy beginning to the new year in our home. Started off with a broken heater, just before the coldest days on record for our area. Then it culminated with a broken stove, a flat tire and a couple of exhausted parents. All that being said, sometimes, even being prepared, cannot really prepare you for those things that creep up when you aren’t expecting them. In the end, they usually lead to a big old fashioned life lesson that we can take with us and not repeat what we have gone through.

UnexpectedWhat are some of those experiences you have had in life? They happen to all of us. Sometimes they come in what seems to be an endless string of hard times, one thing after another. Sometimes they test our mettle and they make us wonder “why me”, and the inevitable “What else could happen?” FYI, NEVER ASK THAT QUESTION, out loud anyway. You don’t ever want the universe to take that as an invitation for more unfortunate events.

In all, the last few days, while trying have turned out fine. As they usually do. Statistics show that 90 percent of the things we worry about never come to fruition. The other 10 percent happen all at once, just like out our way. In the end, heaters get fixed, blankets get taken out of the storage, neighbors loan you a space heater, flat tires get fixed and local business have the part you need so your husband can fix the oven.

UnexpectedWe spend a lot of time preparing for bad things that may or may not happen. Truth be told, it is these little things that can seem insurmountable in the heat of their occurrence. We can have all the food storage we like, all the optional sources of heat, secure shelter, etc. But when the unexpected brown stuff hits the rotary oscillator in regular every day life, we really learn what we are made of. We fix it, we get the job done and we move on and maybe, just maybe we get our hope in mankinde rekindled in the process.

What ubexpected thing happened to you that made your think you were simply done? In the end, did it seem that big of a deal? I want to hear from you! Can’t wait to hear what you have to share.
Noreen’s YouTube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/atticus9799

Listen to this show on The Unexpected, Are You Prepared? in player below!
Check Out Education Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with American Preppers Radio on BlogTalkRadio

Put our players on your web site Go Here
You can also listen to archived shows of all our hosts . Go to show schedule tab at top of page!
You can also listen, download, or use your own default player for this show by clicking Here!

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusrssFacebooktwittergoogle_plusrss
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusFacebooktwittergoogle_plus

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *