Women’s Preparedness: Part 2- Just the Herbs
Cat Ellis “Herbal Prepper Live”
What herbal remedies do women preppers, and the men who love them, need to have in their supplies? Part two of our discussion on women’s preparedness needs is all about herbs and natural remedies for women’s health.
Herbs to be covered in this episode, as they relate to women’s health concerns, include:
- Cramp bark (Viburnum opulus)
- Nettle (Urtica dioica)
- Ginger ( Zingiber officinale)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)
- Yellow Dock, aka Curly Dock (Rumex cripsus)
- Burdock (Arctium lappa)
- Red Clover (Trifolium pratense)
- Red Raspberry leaf (Rubus idaeus)
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium)
- Oregon grape root (Mahonia aquifolium)
- Corn silk (Zea mays)
- Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis)
- Milk thistle (Silybum marianum)
- Juniper (Juniperus spp.)
- Dong quai (Angelica sinensis)
- Chaste Tree, aka Vitex (Vitex agnus-castus)
- Black cohosh (Actea racemosa or cimicifuga racemosa)
- Blue cohosh, aka Squaw root (Caulophyllum thalictroides)
- Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea)
- Milky Oat Tops (Avena sativa)
- Cordyceps mushroom (Cordyceps sinensis)
- Wild Carrot, aka Queen Anne’s Lace (Daucus carota)
This is a long list, and I can’t possibly cover all there is to know about these herbs in just an hour. However, I will discuss how they are used in women’s health care, what parts of the plants are used, how they are prepared, and contraindications.
Herbal medicine is not necessarily analogous to standard medicine. Herbalists do not just swap out, this herb for that prescription. There is a lot more to it than just, “Take this tincture for that symptom.” It takes time and experience with the plants, as well as a holistic approach to health to be a skilled herbalist.
To learn more about herbal medicine, please visit HerbalPrepper.com and sign up for my newsletter for articles and online herbal courses designed with sustainable health and preparedness in mind.
Join us for Herbal Prepper Live “LIVE SHOW” every Sunday 7:00/Et 6:00Ct 4:00/Pt Go To Listen and Chat